Despite the pandemic and lockdowns, we were able to install two more defibrillators in 2020 – outside Anthony Andrews Butchers and at Meadow Vale Carpets.
Chevin Golf Club have moved their defib from inside the clubhouse to the outside of the ProShop so that is now available to the public.
The RJ Weston Charity has installed a defib outside their building on Tamworth Street.
Sudden cardiac arrest is a leading cause of premature death. A person’s chance of survival increases from 6% to 70% if treated with an AED and effective CPR within the first 5 minutes.
Many people who collapse with cardiac arrest can be saved if people nearby:
- Recognise what has happened and call 999 (or 112) for an emergency ambulance immediately – the telephone operator will tell you whether there is an AED
- Start and continue cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – especially chest compressions until the ambulance arrives.
- Use an AED to shock the heart back to its normal rhythm – You don’t need any training to use an AED in an emergency. Voice prompts tell you what to do.
You can find more info and training videos HERE
We now have a lot more information about the location and availability of Defibrillators in Duffield.
Some are available for public use, 24/7, and others are on private property primarily for use on the premises when open.
Publicly Accessible AEDs (available for public use, 24/7)
- Co Op
- Meadow Vale Carpets (DCC funded, DCA maintained)
- Anthony Andrews Butchers (DCA maintained)
- Duffield Fire Station
- Eyes Meadow – changing rooms (Duffield Dynamos)
- Chevin Golf Club – on the outside of the Pro Shop
- Outside the Weston Centre (RJ Weston Charity)
- Planned future location – Ecclesbourne Meadows – funding available (DCC)
- Planned future location – Hazelwood Rd, in the old red telephone box near the cemetery (Fundraising in progress)
- Possible future location – Scout Hut/Catholic Church area
Restricted Access AEDs (on private property primarily for use on the premises when open)
- Duffield Meadows Primary School
- Ecclesbourne School – Sports Hall
- Appletree Medical Practice
- Marshalls Dentist
- William Gilbert Primary School
- Duffield Squash & Tennis Club
- Chevin Golf Club – Green Keepers Hut
- Ecclesbourne School
- Ecclesbourne Valley Railway Station (both Duffield and Wirksworth and on the train)
- Busy Bees Nursery, King St (available during nursery opening hours 7.30-6pm) New entry
The map below shows where the defibrillators (AEDs) are located.
Download the latest map here: DUFFIELD DEFIBS Google Map – May 2021
We will require 3 more devices to complete the coverage of the village.
Two are funded:
- Ecclesbourne Meadows: Derbyshire County Council has provided funding for a Defibrillator and Cabinet here.
- In the Telephone Box at the bottom of Hazelwood Road: DCA carrying out refurbishment of the telephone box and hope for some grant funding to install the electricity supply.
We currently have no funding for the final defibrillator required to complete coverage of the village and at the moment cannot plan to hold a fundraising event, so we are seeking donations from village residents.
If you would like to donate, please go to our GoFundMe page
- Hall Farm Road, Scout Hut/Catholic Church area: We held positive discussions with the Scout leaders early in 2020, just before the first lockdown, with a view to fundraising. Unfortunately events have meant that it has not been possible to take this forward.