We now have a lot more information about the location and availability of Defibrillators in Duffield.
Some are available for public use, 24/7, and others are on private property primarily for use on the premises when open.
Sudden cardiac arrest is a leading cause of premature death. A person’s chance of survival increases from 6% to 70% if treated with an AED and effective CPR within the first 5 minutes.
Many people who collapse with cardiac arrest can be saved if people nearby:
- Recognise what has happened and call 999 (or 112) for an emergency ambulance immediately – the telephone operator will tell you whether there is an AED
- Start and continue cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – especially chest compressions until the ambulance arrives.
- Use an AED to shock the heart back to its normal rhythm – You don’t need any training to use an AED in an emergency. Voice prompts tell you what to do.
Publicly Accessible AEDs (available for public use, 24/7)
- Co Op
- Meadow Vale Carpets (DCC funded)
- Anthony Andrews Butchers
- Duffield Fire Station
- Eyes Meadow – changing rooms
- Chevin Golf Club – on the outside of the Pro Shop
- Possible future location – Scout Hut/Catholic Church area
- Potential Future Location – Ecclesbourne Meadows – funding available (DCC)
- Potential future location – Hazelwood Rd, in the old red telephone box near the cemetery
Restricted Access AEDs (on private property primarily for use on the premises when open)
- Duffield Meadows Primary School
- Ecclesbourne School – Sports Hall
- Appletree Medical Practice
- Marshalls Dentist
- William Gilbert Primary School
- Duffield Squash & Tennis Club
- Chevin Golf Club – Green Keepers Hut
- Ecclesbourne School
- Ecclesbourne Valley Railway Station
The map below shows where the defibrillators (AEDs) are located.
Download the latest map here: DUFFIELD DEFIBS – Jan 2021
We will require 4 more devices to complete the coverage of the village:
- Ecclesbourne Meadows
Derbyshire County Council has provide funding for a Defibrillator and Cabinet here.
We hope to mount this at the side of the pathway linking the railway crossing (adjacent to Holloway Road) and the Weir.
- On the outside wall of the Weston Centre
The DCA has agreed to provide a grant to the RJ Weston Duffield Charity towards the procurement of their Defibrillator.
We currently have no funding for the two further defibrillators required to complete coverage of the village and at the moment cannot plan to hold a fundraising event, so we are seeking donations from village residents.
If you would like to donate, please go to our GoFundMe page
- In the Telephone Box at the bottom of Hazelwood Road
DCA will organise refurbishment of the telephone box and hope for some grant funding to install the electricity supply, but have no funding to purchase the defib and cabinet.
- Hall Farm Road, Scout Hut/Catholic Church area
We held positive discussions with the Scout leaders early in 2020, just before the first lockdown, with a view to fundraising. Unfortunately events have meant that it has not been possible to take this forward.