We now have a lot more information about the location and availability of Defibrillators in Duffield.
Some are available for public use, 24/7, and others are on private property primarily for use on the premises when open.
Sudden cardiac arrest is a leading cause of premature death. A person’s chance of survival increases from 6% to 70% if treated with an AED and effective CPR within the first 5 minutes.
Many people who collapse with cardiac arrest can be saved if people nearby:
- Recognise what has happened and call 999 (or 112) for an emergency ambulance immediately – the telephone operator will tell you whether there is an AED
- Start and continue cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – especially chest compressions until the ambulance arrives.
- Use an AED to shock the heart back to its normal rhythm – You don’t need any training to use an AED in an emergency. Voice prompts tell you what to do.
Publicly Accessible AEDs
- Co Op
- Meadow Vale Carpets
- Anthony Andrews Butchers
- Duffield Fire Station
- Eyes Meadow – changing rooms
- Chevin Golf Club – installation in progress
- Possible future location – Scout Hut/Catholic Church area
- Potential Future Location – Ecclesbourne Meadows
Restricted Access AEDs
- Duffield Meadows Primary School
- Ecclesbourne School – Sports Hall
- Appletree Medical Practice
- Marshalls Dentist
- William Gilbert Primary School
- Duffield Squash & Tennis Club
- Chevin Golf Club – Green Keepers Hut
- Ecclesbourne School
The map below shows where the defibrillators (AEDs) are located.